Artificial Grass Warranty
We warrant that under normal conditions, our artificial grass products will sustain their UV stability and tensile strength during the applicable warranty period.
The universal UV warranty period, however, does not in any way indicate that the product will be damaged and discoloured by UV rays immediately after this period. It denotes that the human eye will notice no significant change in colour of the product when it is compared to that of the same product, of the same age, that has been kept away from UV exposure during the warranty period. The warranty period is not reflective of the potential full UV protection of the product’s lifespan, which is typically recognised to be on average ten to 15 years of normal use in a temperate climate.
The applicable warranty period begins on the date of installation or supply of the product. Warranty covers product only and not installation, groundwork or labour. Installation of artificial grass on to any wooden sub-base e.g. decking, will not prevent the deterioration of the sub-base. Grass Direct shall not be liable for any deterioration of wooden sub-base onto which artificial grass has been installed.
This warranty is inapplicable (i) to products used for any purpose other than landscape purposes, (ii) to any damage during or on account of improper handling, storing, transportation, installations or repairs unless the improper conducts are committed by Grass Direct, or (iii) to the extent that any defect or damage is caused by:
- Burns, cuts, accidents, vandalism, abuse, negligence or neglect.
- Japanese Knot Weed, Bamboo, Mare’s Tail, Tree Root Growth or any other horticultural external influence.
- Wild animal damage including Badgers, Moles, Foxes and any other non-domestic animal.
- Damage from Dogs, Cats, Rabbits or any other domestic pet.
- Reflection from mirrors and/or glass onto the product.
- Subsidence caused by ground movement and/or tree roots.
- Improper design or failure of the sub-base.
- Drainage defects or deficiencies on the sub-base and/or its surrounding area.
- Wear or abrasion caused by an inadequate sub-base.
- Any harmful chemical reaction to the Product caused by infill materials.
- Use of improper footwear or sports equipment.
- The playing surface being used for the purpose other than for which it was designed and installed.
- Application of improper cleaning methods.
- Use of cleaning chemicals, herbicides or pesticides.
- Forces majeure or other conditions beyond the reasonable control of Grass Direct.
- Post fibrillation after or during installation purposes other than to get the infill materials in place
- Failure to properly maintain, protect or repair the artificial grass.
We’ve made it straightforward to claim - simply get in touch with our customer service team here and they’ll guide you through the process of claiming and request information to help process your enquiry.
After our expert team has been able to pinpoint the issue in your case, we will try and keep upheaval to the minimum and replace issues where we can, including supplying repair kits for self remedy. Should you require a larger area replacement, we will replace with the same product or a like-for-like product, depending on the status of the product in question at the time of repair. Grass Direct shall neither be obligated to remove or dispose of the defective artificial grass or install the new artificial grass, nor be obligated to pay the cost for such removal, disposal or installation.
- Can be cancelled at any point up until 48 hours after delivery of goods.
- Is not an insurance policy.
- Is limited in liability up to and including the total value of the original order.
- Is subject to information and documentation that appears on our website and is updated from time to time, in sections which describe the types of product supplied, which give installation and maintenance requirements.
Please note the terms of this warranty do not affect your statutory rights.